Working with the ENNEAGRAM and discovering your personality type will take you on the following journey :
Discover the Centers of intelligence - or the three fundamental functions of your body : the Mind, Heart, Belly Centers, and how you use or misuse them.
- Understand the difference between Essence (your true nature) and Ego (your defense mechanisms, or survival strategy): when you are not aware of how your Ego
works, it runs the show of your personality, as if you were on automatic pilot!
Discover the Basic Fear of your Ego and how it colors your life and prompts an automatic pattern.
- Get to know the Basic Desire of your Ego, or what you think will sort you out.
Get to know your main trap, where you keep falling without ever knowing it. We call it the Passion or the root sin. It also
permeates your whole personality.
Discover your coping strategy under stress, the little old homemade recipe your Ego always uses (your circuit breaker!).
Discover the qualities and virtues that need to arise in you when you are in the process of growing.
Learn to be aware of your different levels of functioning.
In the end, discover and accept the reality of your being :
- you are, as everybody is, a beautiful being with a shadow side
- you are called to become YOU, the free YOU, if you want it
- it means you can be an actor of your life, and take responsibility for it, your struggles and sufferings included.
This can also be translated as follows, my motto in life:
“You are a beautiful being, created in the image of God,
and God has created you free”.